Lets Build a Detached Garage
There are local laws but it doesn’t have to be complicated!
Where do you start, what about required building permits and what are the steps?
- A building permit is required in all of Ohio to build any detached garage or accessory building.
- Electrical, plumbing and gas installation are each covered by their own code. Separate permits are required in Ohio, in addition to the building permits.
- Ohio building permit application process
- Prepare the needed plans
- Zoning check
- Engineering check
- Plan check
- Building permit issued
- Inspections required in Franklin County and the state of Ohio
- Acceptance and occupancy of your new garage
It may seem like a daunting task to go through this to build your garage in Ohio. What would be easier?
Call Free Flow Builders LLC and let the professionals take care of it.
We have over 25 years of experience building garages and buildings. Forget the permits, we take care of that business. You just need to focus on a plan to fill that new space up!