Garage Contractors and Concrete in Central Ohio including the areas of-
Ashille, Bexley, Canal Winchester, Columbus, Dublin, Franklinton, Gahanna, Galloway, Grandview, Grandville, Grove City, Groveport, Hilliard, Lewis Center, Obetz, Olde Towne East, Pickerington, Upper Arlington, Valleyview, Westerville, Whitehall and Worthington.
Keeping your garage cool in extreme heat can be challenging but at Franklin County Garage Builders we have some solutions. There are several steps you can take to improve the temperature and make it more comfortable. Free Flow Builders can implement these suggestions in your new garage build!
Here are some suggestions:
- Insulate the garage: Proper insulation helps to regulate the temperature by reducing heat transfer. Insulate the walls, ceiling, and garage door using foam insulation panels, weatherstripping, or reflective insulation. This is by far the smartest investment for keeping the temperatures cooler in your garage.
- Ventilation: Install vents or fans to promote airflow and ventilation. You can consider adding a ceiling fan or installing exhaust fans to expel hot air. Ventilation will help prevent hot air from stagnating in the garage.
- Use reflective materials: Apply reflective coatings or paint to the roof and walls of the garage. This will help reflect sunlight and reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the structure.
- Weatherstripping: Ensure that all windows, doors, and other openings are properly weatherstripped to prevent hot air from seeping into the garage. Use weatherstripping materials to seal gaps and cracks. This is an easy, yet overlooked solution that Free Flow Builders, LLC includes in all there custom built garages.
- Window treatments: Install reflective window films or shades on windows to block out sunlight and reduce heat transfer. This can significantly lower the temperature inside the garage.
- Insulated garage door: If your garage door is not insulated, consider replacing it with an insulated model. Insulated doors provide better temperature control and help keep the heat out. We offer choices of style and color for one, two and three car garages. We install it for you!
- Shade and insulation for the garage door: If replacing the garage door is not an option, consider adding a shade or insulation panel to the inside of the door. This will help reduce the amount of heat entering the garage.
- Avoid using heat-generating appliances: If possible, refrain from using appliances or equipment that generate heat, such as dryers or space heaters, in the garage during hot weather.
- Time your activities: If you need to work in the garage, try to schedule your activities for cooler times of the day, such as early morning or late evening when the temperatures are lower.
- Use fans or air conditioning: If the above measures are not sufficient, you can consider using portable fans or even a portable air conditioning unit to cool down the garage. While this may increase your energy consumption, it can provide immediate relief from extreme heat.
Remember to stay hydrated and take breaks in a cool area to avoid overheating while working in the garage during hot weather. If you would like to learn more or have a professional come pout and determine solutions for your garage, just give us a call at 614-238-9742.