Tips to Winterize the Outside of Your Home
Here are some tips to help winterize the outside of your home in central Ohio
1. Seal any cracks or gaps in the exterior of your home to prevent cold air from entering and warm air from escaping. This can be done using caulk or weatherstripping.
2. Insulate any exposed pipes to prevent them from freezing. This can be done using pipe insulation or electrical heating tape.
3. Check and clean your gutters and downspouts to ensure proper drainage and prevent ice dams from forming.
4. Install or repair any damaged window or door screens to keep out drafts.
5. Trim any trees or bushes that may be in close proximity to your home to prevent branches from falling and causing damage during a winter storm.
6. Keep up on regular maintenance of your HVAC system to ensure it is running efficiently and can keep you warm throughout the winter months.
7. Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you save energy and money on heating costs.
8. Finally, make sure your home’s foundation, walls, and roof are in good condition to prevent leaks and water damage.
If you have discovered any damage that needs attention, consult one of our professionals at Free Flow Builders, LLC. Call Today 614-238-9742